WHAT WE DO
We provide developmentally based psychological services (in English, Spanish, and American Sign Language) in Washington, D.C. schools, and the local community.
We focus on results, and use state of the art, outcome based interventions.
The developmental perspective is trans-theoretical, synthetic, and universally applicable to children and families of all ages, geography, ethnicities, and/or socio-economic status.
Psychological development is observable and empirical. We track outcomes and focus on getting results.
Common interventions include:
- Individual (DIR) therapy
- Group therapy
- Parent guidance
- In-class observations and interventions
We provide a range of on-site support for schools, educators, and mental health professionals which include:
- Classroom based mindfulness activities
- Training in self-observation, mindfulness and supportive environments
- Participation in “Kid Talk”, RTI, IEP and disciplinary meetings
- Collaboration to provide support for the “hardest” students
- Classroom management consultation
- Professional development trainings
We train mental health professionals to work with the most in need through:
- Pre-doctoral internship and Externship programs
- Intern/Externship training opportunities for Social Workers, Counselors, and Master's level clinicians
- Early career job opportunities for mental health professionals of all clinical degree types
In addition to our psychological services, we prepare young people for their future through developmentally based programming and education that focuses on:
- Financial literacy
- Technical and computer literacy
- Career development
- Undergraduate internships
SCHOOL BASED SERVICES
Connected Psychology provides school-based services, from pre-school to graduation, with a specialty in early intervention.
Success in school, at home, and throughout life is built on a foundation of social, emotional, and cognitive development.
Success in school and in life, takes more than the ability to read and write. It requires more than just a good memory of dates and facts.
A child’s success depends on knowing how to self-regulate, how work with others and how to solve problems.
Our support services engage and develop a child’s natural human potential.
We focus on helping kids meet their developmental milestones and master the universal developmental tasks of childhood:
- Pay attention
- Follow multi-step directions
- Solve Problems
- Understand cause and effect
- Plan their future
- Think long term
- Move from knowing “what” to knowing “why”
- Calmly interact
- Communicate their need
- Advocate for themselves
- Cooperate in relationships
- Tolerate frustration
- Experience a full range of feelings including joy and hopefulness
- And other important life stuff…
We don’t teach kids what to think… We teach them how to think.
Contact us to get started!